Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: ...who's doin' the Xevoz thing...?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...'cause I am. Been inexplicably geeked over these lil' fuckers for a while now. Of course, my primary faves are the ones I have cobbled together out of various figures myself...

    ...been tryin' to figure out my obsession with 'em and can't. Hell, they just bring a smile (or, more correctly, a horrific parody of a smile) to my ugly mug, and I can't wait to get my talons on some of the new shit Hasbro has been showing (go to xevoz.com and/or figures.com's SDCC album to see some of the newest stuff).

    I even have made up little stories about some of my creations. Yes, I am that geeked.

    So, am I alone in this...?

    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 26, 2004 01:46 PM: Message edited by: -Dark Angel- ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member S-Mart Manager's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think they're pretty killer. i picked up one so far, that being the skeleton(skull jack?). i like him best without any of the armor...just a super poseable stylized little skeleton. gotta love it. tons of fun and i plan on picking more up in the future...

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I dig some of them, Cemetery Man turned me on to them, but so far, I have just picked up Skull Jack. The only place in my town that sells them is the local drug store, and they are pretty expensive. I still want to pick up the bug guy.

    I love the interchangeability, and all the stickers they come with, but with Skull Jack, I just went with a simple pirate skeleton look.....

    skulljack1 skulljack2

    skulljack3 skulljack4

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 26, 2004 02:07 PM: Message edited by: TCM Hitchhiker ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...go to TRU (or Amazon.com) and look up GrimSkull. He's a black version of Skull Jack with bits of an Inferno Fury thrown in for customizing. You can make a pretty kick-ass fire demon w/him.

    As for Skull Jack himself, he's one of my non-custom, straight outta the box faves, although I have been slowly building an army of various cats...I have a super-steroid armored cat...and a Rambo-werecat...and a cat cat. So far...*insert maniacal laugh here*

  5. #5
    Inactive Member S-Mart Manager's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you fuckin' dork.

    haha

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    See, I am not big on the stickers. In fact, I haven't moved much past simply swappin' parts, yet, but that is part of what I like...you can make pretty distinct characters w/o doing a lot of painting and whatnot. Still, I have done a bit of painting.

    I gotta get a camera...I'd love to show you two my cyber 4-armed "Iron Jaw" custom...he's the bee's knees, as the kids are saying nowadays...assuming "nowadays" is, in fact, 1929.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They still pale in comparison to Microman though! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Oh, and as far as you making up your own little story about your creations, I did the same thing with a couple of my Microman kitbashes, so we can be ghastly geeks together! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    I will have to check out Grimskull, he sounds killer!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by S-Mart Manager:
    you fuckin' dork.

    haha

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">...true, true. But, you know, I can't let you just go around saying it...if you don't watch it, yer gettin' a fully-assembled Xevoz enema!

    TCM: Heh. I actually bought a microman! His leg fell off straight outta the package. Thtat pretty much cooled my interest in 'em. Also, have you been keeping track of the new Joes? they have released comic-spec. three packs recently, including a Kwinn figure! You can see 'em at yojoe.com.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member S-Mart Manager's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm looking at the SDCC pictures, and i came across this and it looks damn cool...

    http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showphoto...at=1483&page=1

    mummy!

    i think i may go see if Target still has the ninja/mantis 2 pack today...

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Yeah DA, I saw those Joe comic packs. Saw the Cobra one with Baroness, Commander and Soldier the other day. Pretty cool stuff!

    I have heard of some Microman breakage problems, but I haven't had a single problem in the 15 or so figures I have picked up. *shrugs* The good news on Microman, is that Takara is handling their own US distribution now, and they will be easier to get in the US, and cheaper!

    Some of those new Xevoz figures look killer. The Mummy is a must, and i like the pumpkin headed dude, and gorilla too!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •